Re: [LARTC] equalize and DNS zone transfers

> 	Off hand I would assume that your kernel was not compiled with
> multipath support. That's the only reason I can think of off hand why
> those commands would fail.

On closer examination that appears to be true. I thought I had installed
the kernel (same version) with multipath support, but checksums disagree.

On the other hand, it appears that my zone transfer problem was entirely
due to my ipchains configuration. :-/ With that fixed everything works
fine - except multipath of course.

I can live with the current configuration (no multipath) as even without
multipath turned on, as long as I have separate routing tables for the T1
and DSL, I can route everything out of the DSL, and incoming customer
connections on the T1 are routed right back out the T1 - perfect!

Well - almost. Ultimately I will have it set up such that I use 2 DSL for
clients MASQ'ed behind the firewall, and the T1 for customers (external
connections) only, with some kind of failover setup.

> Then and only then will you be able to use both connections. I spent
> several months, and many long days and nights going through what does
> not work. I have found only one working solution.
>
> If you look through the LARTC archieves you will see my past posts. Feel
> free to ask me anything, or simply post to the list and I as well as
> others will reply.

I will most definitely do that. With zone transfers working (and email,
www, etc) now I can more comfortably research how to get the "ideal"
setup.

Thanks,
Paul