[LARTC] Re: More on qdiscs - testing packet timeout

  Implement your idea and measure difference in delay, jitter, thoughtput of
  TCP and reaction to flooding.
  In other words show that your idea can do better that current approach.
  When I was speking about idea like HTB nobody listened. I've to implement
  it ..
It is implemented and I do use it.  But under normal circumstances it
has no effect.  Normally packets don't stay in the queue for very
long.  I can show you cases where it does help, similar to the example
I sent.  A more interesting question is under what circumstances would
it have a bad effect.  But I don't think that question can be answered
by just trying a few tests.  Possibly long term use, or use by lots of
different people (in different situations) would turn up something,
but I think its best to start by just trying to think of such cases.

In the mean while, if you'd like me to run a few examples that show
no difference for normal things, that would be easy enough, and
similarly I could show an example where a queue that is, in essence,
too long for its low rate has the effect of denying service for a
long time with a long packet timeout and for a short time with a short
packet timeout.  I'm thinking in terms of a timeout of a few seconds.