[LARTC] Newbie questions

Carlos del Castillo wrote:
> Thanks, I have read your docs and found the link to wonder shaper. As I
> understood I can give preference to some outgoing traffic. And with the
> ingress qdisc I can avoid the remote queue on my ISP.
>
> But how can I make that some incoming traffic have some preference than
> other. For example, if I'm downloading something from my company server
> I want that this traffic comes first than an anonymous ftp. After I have
> finished downloading something from my company server I want that the
> ftp uses the available bandwidth. Or by internals IP's I want  that the
> traffic downloading  to my laptop computer to have preference than the
> one going to my desktop PC.

It depends .. if no downloads are made from the traffic shaping router
itself you can just shape traffic going out your internal interface
which is in principle the same as shaping traffic coming in on your
external interface (as long as no traffic from outside is going to your
router). Otherwise you could try imq (please wait until its stable) at
devik.cdi.cz/~patrick/~imq

bye,
patrick