[LARTC] question re: dead gateway detection

Hi,

I've followed the instructions in the nano document, and apart from my own
ISP trouble, it seems to work fine.  I have a question about the dgd
however.

The dgd works on the actual gateway, but in my experience it seems that
most problems can be expected a few hops down the route, not on the
gateway.  One of those two gateways is located here anyway, so if that
goes down then chances are other stuff is wrong as well ;)

So my question is: is there some way that I can detect that the actual
route to the net is unusable, even though the gateway is up ? If not, when
either one of the lines is down, users will notice they're not getting a
connection randomly, depending on what gateway is used for that
connection.

Thomas

Lover fair
We'll be looking sharp I swear