[LARTC] few doubts about the working of tc

HI stef,
The following is the test scenario i am using.

A--->B--->C

First let me explain what i am doing here. I want to rate limit the traffic
between A and B dynamically. I am doing this on A using "tc". All these
machines have redhat 7.1 and A has 2.2.13 kernel with diffserv patch and B
and C have 2.4.3 kernels.The following is the script that i am using.

1)tc qdisc del dev eth1 root
2)tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1: cbq bandwidth 100Mbit cell 8 avpkt
1000 mpu 64
3)tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:0 classid 1:1 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit rate
100Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 weight 10Mbit prio 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
4)tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:2 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit rate
60Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 weight 6Mbit prio 3 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000 bounded
5)sudo tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:3 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit
rate 40Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 weight 4Mbit prio 7 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
bounded
6)tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip dst
192.168.123.5 flowid 1:2

SInce i want to limit only the traffic between A and C i created only one
filter for class 1:2. NOw i am changing the bandwidth limit using the
following command. In the above 192.168.123.5 is the address of C.

7)tc class change dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:2 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit rate
60Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 weight 6Mbit prio 3 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000 bounded

Now let me tell my doubts.

1)Now suppose the bandwidth limit of A-->C traffic is changed from 60Mbps to
20Mbps during a transfer, how does tc react to it?? Does it send the packets
remaining in the queue at 60Mbps or 20Mbps or does it drop all the packets
before changing the limit to 20Mbps??

2) Can i run the same script on B to limit the taffic between A and C??

thanks
mahesh