[LARTC] Sharing incoming traffic

I've done my first test with ingress,

2 ftps, and I've seen that the bandwidth is not shared "very well".

From=20the point of view of a user, his transfer stops suddenly, and
restarts 20 seconds (or more!) later. Then the other has to wait !! I
observ a kind of feedback process, beeing the interval of stopped traffic
bigger each time, during the transference.

The bandwidth is limited to 64.000 bit per second, killing packets.

In fact it is not a real ethernet link, and the filter is on a vmware
machine computer, so maybe this test is not valid.

Anyone knows more about this behaviour ??

Could I optimize it playing with burst and mpu ?

Or am I doing something really bad ?

Thank you,

Here's my filter:

iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -t mangle --protocol all -j MARK --set-mark
1

tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress

tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 5 handle 1 fw  \
   police rate 8000bps burst 10k mpu 64b drop flowid :1

--=20

      __o
    _ \<_
   (_)/(_)