[LARTC] Basic Question on TBF

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 18:22, Rajesh Revuru wrote:
> Hi alll..
>
> This is Very basic question  on TBF.
>
> The rate specified for Token bucket filter is to
> throttle the extra packets...
>
> For example...
> If my Etho interface receives 5mb of traffic
> and if i have this following command...
This means you want to incoming bandwith.

> tc qdisc add dev eth0 root tbf 1mbit burst 10k latency
> 350ms
This will limit the outgoing bandwith to 1mbit.

> Does this mean that remaining 4 mb will be
> dropped..???
> But this is not happening all the 5mb is reaching the
> Destination..
And now you want to limit the bandwith you send ?
Do you want to shape the incoming or the outgoing packets?  You can only=20
shape packets you send to somewhere else.

Stef

--=20

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"