[LARTC] Detecting Request from a proxy server

> A "good" proxy server is usually configurable to look just like an
original requestor.

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:40:53AM +0530, Deepak Singhal wrote:
> > Can i somehow detect traffic which is coming from a
> > proxy/masquerading server in my lan to my linux gateway server.
>
> Masquerading can be detected by source port unless the user has
> reconfigured their machine (and only if the machine is Linux).
>
> > I wish to block requests coming from a proxy server in my network ie.
> > no body should be able to use a proxy server in my network.
>
> May I ask why?

I want to implement this so that only one machine should be able to use
internet (the machine which I hv configured to use internet ) and not others
which may be behind it. With the implementaion of iptables/ipchains policy
on my gateway i am able to define that only that machine can use internet
and not others but the user on that m/c can load some proxy on his machine
and allow other also to use internet, which i want to block .

Regards

Deepak Singhal