[LARTC] Detecting Request from a proxy server

A "good" proxy server is usually configurable to look just like an original requestor.

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:40:53AM +0530, Deepak Singhal wrote:
> Can i somehow detect traffic which is coming from a
> proxy/masquerading server in my lan to my linux gateway server.

Masquerading can be detected by source port unless the user has
reconfigured their machine (and only if the machine is Linux).

> I wish to block requests coming from a proxy server in my network ie.
> no body should be able to use a proxy server in my network.

May I ask why?
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.     (Hosting, Security, Consultation, Database, etc)