[LARTC] Clamping tcp mss values to decrease latency

> > Be VERY careful when doing it. There is too many websites blocking
> > MTU discovery protocol and you will be no longer able to reach them.
> > These system maintainers should be shot. :-\
> > Setting max MSS in route is better way ..
>
> Not for locally generated packets - if you lower MTU, MSS will get set too.

At my production server when I set MTU to 640 (I hoped in better link
utilization) I suddenly was not able to reach some webs from it. I
discovered that the are sending me 1500 byte packets with DF set and
they didn't pay atttention to my MTU. It is obvious problem in MTU
discovery.

You are roght that MSS is set to MTU but it is bad luck it you have
small MSS but you can't reach some hosts.

MSS setting for routes works well for me even for localy generated
flows. Is there some problem I don't see ?

regards, devik