[LARTC] More things about /proc / failover of default gateway

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:07:19PM +0100, Ard van Breemen wrote:
> Hi,
> during testing with failover of the default gateways we found out the
> following:
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_timeout is some sort of timeout value,
> after which the kernel declares a route to be dead.

I added this:

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_elasticity

	Values to control the frequency and behavior of the garbage collection
	algorithm for the routing cache. This can be important for when doing
	failover. At least gc_timeout seconds will elapse before Linux will skip to
	another route because the previous one has died. By default set to 300, you
	may want to lower it if you want to have a speedy failover.

	Also see this post by Ard van Breemen.

where 'this post' is a link to your posting.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services