[LARTC] priority bands don't reduce interactive latency?

Il lun, 2002-02-18 alle 11:00, Martin Devera ha scritto:

> should be. However people often use class load balancing without
> priorities. I tested priorities but this was rather quick test.
> So that it is possible to have bug in priorization part :)
> You should to test it by ping to the router machine to be sure
> that it goes only thru htb qdisc.

Hello,

I made some tests and I have now 2 questions to ask you:

1) I use a 486dx2 66mhz as router, is the cpu enough powerful?
2) In your latency tests I have seen that you generate traffic to
saturate link but you do not OVERLOAD it. Can you please redo your
simulation with more traffic?

Thank you very much for the interest and the patience.