[LARTC] priority bands don't reduce interactive latency?

Il sab, 2002-02-16 alle 20:26, Martin Devera ha scritto:
> Mario,

First I thank you all for your precious support! In diffserv mailing
list there is less help!

> I looked at the conf. First don't use prio 4 - it is the same as
> prio 3 (htb does prios 0..3).

Ok I have corrected it.
> How do you measure the latency ? Ping ? How big packet, which ip
> is pinged ? You use prio and other schedulers on ppp ... Goes the
> ping packet through them ?

Sure testing is difficult. Please note that I have tried different
configurations and not only the one I posted: sfq vs red, htb vs prio
etc. etc. etc.

> Did you tested for sure that packets are enqueued into right
> class (tc -s class show dev eth0) ?

Unfortunately tc command shows to me that packets are in right class.

> If it could be htb problem I'm ready to look at it (although I've
> been solving almost ten reports like this and only first two were
> really htb bugs - other was mainly bad setup, bad expectations or
> bad measuring).
> I don't want to be alibistic only I'm short of time as I work in new
> htb algorithm ;)

No, I do not want to accuse you of a bug. I have asked only because I do
not want to spend a month on various tests and THEN discover that there
is a KNOWN bug in htb.

I rememeber when I had to implement diffserv with cbq for my teacher. I
had to cheat a lot because cqb parameters do not do what they mean.
If you say htb is stable I am happy.

Please continue developing new algorithms ;-)