[LARTC] priority bands don't reduce interactive latency?

Mario,

I looked at the conf. First don't use prio 4 - it is the same as
prio 3 (htb does prios 0..3).
How do you measure the latency ? Ping ? How big packet, which ip
is pinged ? You use prio and other schedulers on ppp ... Goes the
ping packet through them ?
Did you tested for sure that packets are enqueued into right
class (tc -s class show dev eth0) ?

There is no reason why it should not work - but you must be sure
where is the packet delayed.

Regarding your first mail I read - seems you are not alone having
the problem .. who else ? I've read something about 2 year old
post - the htb was not there at that time so that the problem
might be related to prio+tbf+red chain ?

If it could be htb problem I'm ready to look at it (although I've
been solving almost ten reports like this and only first two were
really htb bugs - other was mainly bad setup, bad expectations or
bad measuring).
I don't want to be alibistic only I'm short of time as I work in new
htb algorithm ;)

devik