[LARTC] Zebra, Routing ...

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 15:17, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> No. OSPF is wrong for inter domain routing. You need to speak BGP.

You misunderstood; OSPF would communicate the routes within my network
to the other boxes on my network.  IBGP would be equally productive and
RIP would be workable too if I didn't already have OSPF support.

> I believe you can get zebra to run multiple BGP instances, and dump each
> into a seperate routing table.. you can then use iproute2 to make differnt
> packets use differnt tables.

That seems overly complex considering Zebra should (IMHO) know how to
cull a routing table from multiple BGP4 sessions ... its sort of why
BGP4 exists at all.

I understand the technical side (and packet-side, for that matter) of
how the various routing protocols work; I'm just not familiar with
actually configuring the exterior routing protocols on a box.  Maybe I
should tuck a Cisco course feather into my hat ...
--
Michael T. Babcock