[LARTC] Howto format

Hi Bert,
* bert hubert; <ahu@ds9a.nl> on 13 Feb, 2002 wrote:
>Yes, there are. In fact, it looks like it is pretty easy to do even, there
>are tools that do the conversion for you.

Well, the ones I have tried so far did not produce a valid conversion
and I gave up trying them
>> Any intentions on converting linuxdoc to Docbook ?
>
>As soon as I get round to setting up the chain from Docbook to all the
>formats currently supported. Help would be appreciated! I'm also not sure
>which would be better, DocBook SGML or XML.

Well that depends on your taste however with Docbook SGML you can
produce XML output and use the XSL stylesheets. Printing formats are
so so with XML and looks like PassiveTex is producing a better output
then Apache Fop. SGML will need DSSSL and then jadetex will produce the
output. Taking the view as XML is the future and maintaned heavily
compared to DSSSL I would say go forward with XML.

AFAIK with Debian setting Docbook tools is easy (same with SuSE, do not
know other distos').

If you need help just hit the mail key I'll do what I can. Currrently
I am maintaining the Unofficial SuSE FAQ which is done with Docbook
SGML with a modular approach. If it can help you in setting the design
have a look at http://dinamizm.ath.cx/howthisisdone.html

This weekend I'll have another look to the conversion tools and see if I
can come out with a valid Docbook SGML/XML from linuxdoc and let you
know.

Bye
--
Togan Muftuoglu