[LARTC] traffic monitoring: help regarding

On Friday 08 February 2002 09:24, Project Work wrote:
> Hello,
>    We are doing a project on bandwidth management.  We are controlling =
the
> outgoing bandwidth using HTB.  Currently we are viewing the traffic rat=
> using tc.  We want to extract the rate of the traffic, the number of
> packets and then display on our interface in real time (traffic
> monitoring).
I'm currently working on a tool to do this.  For now, it takes the output=
 of=20
tc and generates three grahs for each qdisc/class : packet/s, byes/s, siz=
e of=20
packets.  It's not real-time (runs from crontab each 5 minutes) to collec=
t=20
the data and creates the images on the fly.
I also want to parse the output from iptables so you can make graphs of a=
ll=20
traffic you want.  I also searched for a script to view this graphs in re=
al=20
time, but I have no idea to do this :-(.  I wrote a perl script that=20
generates somthing in html, but it looks awfull.  It uses the output of=20
iptables.  You can find this all on www.docum.org (graphs under GUI and=20
realtime monitor under monitor.pl).  I really want to create something=20
usefull and any help is appreciated.

> We also want to control the incoming bandwidth based on IP,
> Protocol etc. Could you please suggest ways for doing these.
You can use a dedicated box to shape the traffic and place it between the=
=20
link and the network.

--=20

stef.coene@docum.org
 More QOS info : http://www.docum.org/
 Title : "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"