[LARTC] traffic monitoring: help regarding

Hello,
   We are doing a project on bandwidth management.  We are controlling the
outgoing bandwidth using HTB.  Currently we are viewing the traffic rate
using tc.  We want to extract the rate of the traffic, the number of packets
and then display on our interface in real time (traffic monitoring).  We
also want to control the incoming bandwidth based on IP, Protocol etc.
Could you please suggest ways for doing these.

Regards,
  Viswanath, Pramod, Leetha.