RES: Re[2]: [LARTC] traffic shaping

> >In smb.conf you can set the pid file name.
> >You can set it using some kind of variable to mount the name on the fly.
> >That way every time it runs thereis a diferent smb.pid file.
>
> Could you give me some more details?
> I couldn't find any way to set the pid in the smb.conf ...

You can't set the pid. Interestingly there seems to be no pid
file for smbd. Try to create two smb.conf files with different
IPs for "socket address" option inside and start two smbd with
-s config_file. It might work.

> But it feels like i found a bug or something. The "bug" is:
> "it's impossible to find on the internet how to start multiple smbs"

Are you speaking seriously ? It might be samba's "bug" but
definitely not related to LARTC.

> I haven't asked samba mailing list yet, but still. Shouldn't this subject be
> somehow, somewhere, documented? Maybe somebody should start a Samba NAQ
> (Never Asked Question).

you should ask on samba list first.

devik