[LARTC] Best way to manage a 128Kb/s pipe - help

Hi All

I have a 128Kbs internet connection used for in-coming and out-going
traffic.

What tools do I need to manage the following services:
http, ssh (scp), ftp, streaming audio, smtp, instant messenger.

Q1.  What is the best kernel to use at the moment and what other tools need
to be installed.

  Internet  -------- eth0 | Linux fw | eth1 ----------- internal LAN

The Linux firewall will running the following : Squid, Posfix mail server
and NATing for internal LAN.

Q2. How do divide the 128Kbs pipe so the following criteria is met:

  All ssh sessions (no scp) - Min 10Kbs, but can burst to 128Kbs if
available
  All scp or rsync uploads or downloads - Max 64Kbs , but can burst to
128Kbs if available (not sure what's best)
  All icmp  & udp DNS requests - Min 10Kbs , but can burst to 128Kbs if
available (not sure what's best)
  All smtp incoming and out going - Max 64Kbs , but can burst to 128Kbs if
available (not sure what's best)
  All http surfing and downloads - Max 64Kbs , but can burst to 128Kbs if
available (not sure what's best)
  All ftp downloads and uploads - Max 64Kbs , but can burst to 128Kbs if
available (not sure what's best)
  All steaming audio and video gets what left over, but can burst to 128Kbs
if available (not sure what's best)

Q3 I know squid can be set-up to limit bandwidth to a certain group or
subnet ( i.e. 192.168.0.0/24 = max 64Kbs),
     but as far as I know it can't be set up to burst to 128Kbs if it was
available. - Is the best option for HTTP limiting.

Q4. What is the best real time bandwidth usage tool. (i.e. I measure all
incoming and out-going traffic on the
       Internet interface (eth0) using "IPTRAF" which works great but is
there a real-time web interface or a better tool
       than "Iptraf"

Thanks in Advance

Steven