[LARTC] configuration

> Each class or collection of classes should not use receive less than a certain
> assigned bandwidth if they need it.
>
> In the same time I want to make sure that each indvidual IP address in these
> classes has it's own restrictions: that is a minimum B/W (if available),
> maximum bandwidth, burst. Is this possible using HTB? From the documentation I
> see that only leaf nodes can have filters - does this mean that I cannot create
> and apply a filter for a whole class?

Sure it is possible. At the first it is not true that only leaves can
have filters. The opposite it true - only leaves can't have filters.
Filter can be attached to root (qdisc itself) or inner class.
So that you can for example attach fwmark filter without any rules
to the root of HTB.
Then you can control assigning of IP->class in iptables.
You will end up with one inner class for each group of ip and each
"restricted" ip will have then leaf under the inner class. Like:

ROOT 256k
  CLASS1(192.168.1.x) 128k
    CLASS11(192.168.1.2) 10k
    CLASS19(others 192.168.1.x) 118k