[LARTC] SFQ improvement ideas

> > 1) Backlog depth limit
>
> This would be nice; through proc ... but I believe it is
> already being worked on by Alexey.

How do you know it ? I'd like to have such info too :)
By the way what is he working on ? Depth limit or proc interface ?

> > 2) Interactive traffic isolation
>
> SFQ is designed specifically to _not_ have manual isolation
> of queues; use CBQ with SFQ to do this.

I know. But I want it to do automatic isolation. Based on
life of connection. When connection is determined to be
long download then it will resort into another queue.
But you may be right. Recently I started to think to use
iptables connection tracking to find these and use filters
to assign them different sfq ..

> (and not CBQ), use HTB.  A classful round-robin queue would

grrr .. I didn't design HTB just for simplicity but for
precise results ;-)

> > parameters like "hash " followed by set of "dip,sip,sport,dport,proto"
> > arguments (e.g. ... sfq hash dip sip dport).
>
> I agree here; it would probably be easier to just turn on or off each of
> the hash criteria.
>
> tc qdisc add dev eth0 sfq hash sip hash dip hash dport
> or
> tc qdisc add dev eth0 sfq hash sip hash dip

well it was my first idea but then I realized that it would be
complex to do tc .. change on it. Maybe we could introduce
nohash too ..

devik