[LARTC] Help!! Cisco --> Linux Tunneling via NOS Encapsula

> I've searched the net for a little while and to me it seems like NOS is
> a normal ipip tunnel but using ipprotocol 94 instead of 4
[...]
> So if you change the value of IPPROTO_IPIP to 94 and recompile your kernel
> it should work.

it could be nice to have a iptables mangle target allowing arbitrary
modification of packets ... I believe the protocol field is at a fixed
offset, so that might work, or am I wrong ? it might also be possible
to tweak UDP packets to TCP packets and reversely, to bypass dumb firewalls
blocking UDP packets (but not doing stateful filtering). if that sounds
technically ok, I might write the iptables target to do that ... it should
be easy, anyway.

Jerome Petazzoni <skaya at enix dot org>
--
'I don't like to ask them questions.'
'Why not?'