Re: Qemu-img

On 2013年12月04日 07:47, RB wrote:
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM, CDR <venefax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In Fedora 20
rpm -qa | grep qemuqemu-img convert -O qcow2 Neustar-flat.vmdk
/home/neustar.qcow2-img
qemu-img-1.6.1-2.fc20.x86_64
but when I try to boot with the image, it fails. Please see the image attached.
So the conversion is unbootable.
Any idea?

I'd appreciate your not unicasting the query to me, it's a public
list.  Your attached image indicates the guest VM started booting but
failed at some point, probably when trying to mount the root
partition.  The format conversion appears to have worked, but it's not
going to fiddle the internals of the image if it was dependent on
something specific to VMware.

I don't see the screenshot here but...

Telling from the file name, this vmdk file should be in fact a "raw" disk and the conversion shouldn't be a problem (you can use `xxd -l 512 Neustar-flat.vmdk` to see if it's simply an MBR, or containing "KDMV" magic in the first bytes).

It might be the guest OS driver or configuration that don't automatically work on kvm. How did you export this vmdk from ESX, what's the guest OS, and what's your command line to boot it?

Fam