Re: [nVMX with: v3.9-11789-ge0fd9af] Stack trace when L2 guest is rebooted.

> Yep, shadow-vmcs enabled :)

:)  Good to clarify.

>> Just for reference, here's the detailed procedure I noted  while
>> testing it on Haswell --
>> https://raw.github.com/kashyapc/nvmx-haswell/master/SETUP-nVMX.rst
>>
>> Also note you can disable
>> > shadow-vmcs using the kvm-intel kernel module parameter
>> > "enable_shadow_vmcs".
>>
>> Yes, to test w/o shadow VMCS, I disabled it by adding "options
>> kvm-intel enable_shadow_vmcs=y" to /etc/modprobe.d/dist.conf & reboot
>> the host.
>
> I assume you meant enable_shadow_vmcs=n :)

Yes, oops, typo :)

> Small question: did you try to disable apicv/posted interrupts at L0 ?

I don't have to explicitly disable. Like Gleb (correctly) noted in his
response, APIC-V is not present on Haswell machines. So, it's disabled
by default.

    $ cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/enable_apicv

(Side note: I did post the out o/p of the above parameters and more in
the SETUP-nVMX.rst notes I pointed above. But, I understand, that
document is a bit large :) )

> (for L1 you can't enable these features because they are not emulated)

Yes, Paolo clarified this to me on IRC, when I erroneously assumed so.
Thanks Paolo !

Thanks.