kvm running on core1 wants guest os on core2 to execute a pre-defined program

I have been studying some stuff about KVM and sincerely hope that someone is
willing to reply to this mail.
As we know, If physical NIC interrupt is received on physical CPU 0 which is in
root mode and the hypervisor determines that this is a network packet targeted
to the emulated NIC for a VM at the same time this VM is running a user program
in guest mode on physical CPU 1.
My question is:
At this time can hypervisor running on CPU 0 *actively* interrupt VM and make it
run the corresponding interrupt handler to handle the incoming network data
packet? CPU 1 which is running a user program is not supposed to vm-exit
considering the performance effect, so I can not use the inter-processor
interrupt(IPI) to cause the CPU1 to leave guest mode and exit to the hypervisor.

If anyone knows, please tell me.
      Thanks a lot !

Best regards,
henry