Re: qemu-kvm-1.2.0: double free or corruption in VNC code

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 08:24:32PM +0100, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
> > Please also post the exact package version you are using - the line
> > numbers change between releases and depend on which patches have been
> > applied to the source tree.  The distro exact package version allows me
> > to download the source tree that was used to build this binary and check
> > the correct line numbers.
>
> Hello Stafan,
>
> it's based on fedora rawhide pkg 2:1.2.0-16 with few minor tweaks to compile
> on centos6.
> I've uploaded sources used for build here:
>
> http://nik.lbox.cz/download/qemu-kvm-1.2.0.tar.bz2 (after make clean)
>
> or
>
> http://nik.lbox.cz/download/qemu-1.2.0-lb6.01.src.rpm
>
> will this help?

Thanks, I looked at the backtrace in the source tree.  Unfortunately the
root cause is not obvious to me.  I was looking for a double-free of the
zrle buffers.

If this bug repeatedly bites you, try a different VNC encoding as a
workaround (not ZRLE).

Perhaps someone more familiar with the VNC code will be able to see it.
All the information you have provided is helpful.

Stefan