Alignment issue with transparent huge pages

Hi,

I am seeing an interesting case on KVM/ARM where a user memory region
is not aligned with the guest physical memory address with respect to
huge page size. This clearly makes it impossible for us to leverage
transparent huge pages for stage-2 mappings on ARM.

The question is, if this is simply something to check for inside KVM
and hope that user space aligns its memory allocations, or if this is
supposed to be forced somehow, or if I'm missing a bigger picture all
together?

Thanks,
-Christoffer