RE: Shared IRQ with PCI Passthrough?

> To: kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: msch123@xxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Shared IRQ with PCI Passthrough?
> Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:09:56 +0000
>
> Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka <at> siemens.com> writes:

> > > Hi, any news on this? I own an Intel DQ67OW that has the same issue. No PCI
> > > passthrough possible with KVM when USB is active.

We encountered severe problems with the DQ67OW; it proved all but impossible to pass thru USB, as you have to pass both PCI bridges through also, in which case you get booting problems with actual PCI cards being bounced from host to guest and back several times.

We worked around this(our ultimate kernel was pretty unstable in any case and IOMMU crashed it) using the KVM ehci script file to load USB 2 emulation. We don't use passthru at all on the current iteration.

However, while our kernel is the main reason, the DQ67OW board has awkward IRQ's, particularly in 64 bit, which would have nixed IOMMU in any case for us.