Re: QEMU- 1CPU for guest while more cores used on host?

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM,  <robert.kucera@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your explanation, it makes sense :-)
>
>>2: why do you think "course amd-v+KVM is impossible to be used" ??  it does work very well
> Not for me, it is some old RedHat version that fails on boot under KVM, but works well (but slow) under Qemu. It is even unable to use more cores, so the limit in this case is one-core per guest for me.

1: kvm does work, and very well on AMD chips.   "of course amd-v+KVM
is impossible to be used" is plain wrong

2: if an old OS doesn't work under kvm, but does under qemu, then you
can fiddle with kvm's cpu emulation flags.  try "kvm -cpu ?" to see
what's available.

--
Javier