Weird console issue.

I'm running qemu-kvm on Fedora, with Fedora VMs, normally via
libvirt/virsh.

I have serial consoles setup, like so:

    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>

$ sudo virsh ttyconsole stodi
/dev/pts/3

With both PuTTY and shellinabox (web-based shell) to the master,
connecting via either "virsh console" *or* simple "screen
/dev/pts/3", with agetty running on the VM like so: "sudo
/sbin/agetty 115200 ttyS0", I get the following problem:

Everything seems to work until it asks for a password.  As soon as
that happens, any character I type causes it to respond as though
I'd hit "enter".  This continues until /bin/login completes and a
new getty starts, at which point it prints the right headers and I
can enter my userid, and then it asks for a password and it breaks
again in the same way.

Obviously, this makes the console not so useful.  Any help or
suggestions would be welcome.

-Robin