Re: kvm monitor socket - connection refused

Hi Michael,

On 06/29/11 11:52, Michael Tokarev wrote:
The only other explanation I can think of is that you tried
to run two instances of kvm, and when second instance initialized
it re-created the monitor socket but failed later (eg, when
initin network or something else) and exited, but left the
"stray" socket (JFYI, you can remove a unix-domain socket
where some process is listening, and create another - that
one will really be different socket, even if named the same
way, -- just like you can re-create a plain file the same
way).

This may have been what happened. I'll try to reproduce this scenario.

Is there no way to prevent the accidental overwriting of a monitor socket that is still being used? I.e. is there no way for kvm to realize that the socket is in use and complain?

In any way, there hasn't been any problems/bugs in that area
for ages.

This is what I was hoping to hear! :)

Thanks!
Iordan