Re: My KVM is not perform that good as announce

On 06/16/2011 02:39 PM, Chee-Yang Chau wrote:
I am using normal PC with the following specifications:

Intel Core 2 6600 @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 2G
Motherboard: Intel DG965RY
HDD: 7200 rpm @ 250G
I have enabled Intel VT in BIOS setting.

I install the latest Fedora 15 and KVM enabled. I installed both
Windows XP x64 and Windows 7 x64 as guest OS. The installation time is
taking longer as compare to native installation on same machine. After
the lengthy installation, I enable remote desktop for both windows
instances. I continue configure the windows and found that lot of
operations seems slow and lagging.

I then use Passmark to benchmark these virtual machines. The overall
rating is only 273. I then try to benchmark native windows on the same
machine and the rating is 613.

Obviously KVM does not perform at near native speed.

Did you install the virtio drivers for Windows?  How did you configure kvm?