Re: Why doesn't Intel e1000 NIC work correctly in Windows XP?

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 16:11 +0800, Flypen CloudMe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Redhat Enterprise Linux 6, and use the KVM that is released by
> Redhat officially. The kernel version is 2.6.32-71.el6.x86_64.
>
> It seems that the IRQs are conflicted after reboot. The NIC and the
> SCSI controller have the same IRQ number. If I re-install the NIC
> driver, the IRQ number of the NIC will be assigned another value, then
> it can work normally. Do we have a way to let the NIC and the SCSI
> controller have different IRQ number in VM?

I'll see if I can reproduce and figure anything out.  Windows XP isn't a
guest we concentrate on, especially with device assignment.  Are you
using an AMD or Intel host system?  Does the same thing happen if you
run the XP guest on an IDE controller?  It would be helpful to post the
guest configuration, command line used or libvirt xml.  Also, you might
try latest upstream qemu-kvm to see if the problem still exists.
Thanks,

Alex