Re: assigned EHCI USB headset not working

Hi Gerd,

On 08.06.2011 14:49, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Hi,

The sound device shows up under Windows7 and drivers are installed
automatically. Unfortunately it does not work. All the players I tried,
did not even start playing the sound file, although they detected the
DirectSound Device.

iso xfer's from usb-linux via ehci are flaky for reasons not yet tracked
down.

Any reason why you don't just plug in a virtual sound card? The HDA
emulation should work fine with win7.

Using the hda driver was my first attempt. But the result was not very convincing. When playing mp3s inside the VM, I could hear music coming from the speakers, but the sound was very choppy and too slow. It was no joy listening to it. I assumed that it may be a clocking issue, since the man page for qemu lists the module paramter "clocking=48000" for the i810_audio driver. The snd_hda_intel module however does not seem to have such a parameter.

I then double checked whether playing an mp3 works on the server, rather than from inside the VM. I used mpg123 to test it and mp3s play without distortion on the machine.

Regards
 André