assigned EHCI USB headset not working

Hi,
I am using latest clone from qemu-kvm git with kernel 2.6.35.7.

Since assigning PCI soundcards, did not yield any usable results, I assigned a USB headset to a Windows7 VM. I used the following two command lines to enable the EHCI controller inside the VM and to assign the device to it:

-device usb-ehci,id=ehci \
-device usb-host,vendorid=046d,productid=0a01,bus=ehci.0 \

Right after starting the VM I see the following output:
Booting from Hard Disk...
Booting from 0000:7c00
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 2 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 2 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 2 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 3 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 3 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 3 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
USB stall
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 2 interfaces claimed for configuration 1

"info usb" on the monitor looks like this:

Device 0.1, Port 1, Speed 1.5 Mb/s, Product Microsoft Wireless Desktop Rece
  Device 1.1, Port 1, Speed 480 Mb/s, Product Logitech USB Headset

The sound device shows up under Windows7 and drivers are installed automatically. Unfortunately it does not work. All the players I tried, did not even start playing the sound file, although they detected the DirectSound Device.

When connected to a "natively" running Windows7, the USB headset works the way it's supposed to.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
 André