Re: EuroSec'11 Presentation

Anthony,

From: Anthony Liguori <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: EuroSec'11 Presentation
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:19:10 -0500

> Again, it is extremely difficult to use side channel information
> disclosures to actually exploit anything.  If you are worried about this
> level of security, you shouldn't be using x86 hardware as more advanced
> hardware has more rigorous support for protecting against these sort of
> things.

I know the difficulty to attack on memory deduplication. I think the
situation is same as Corss-VM Side Channel Attack [CCS'09] and Cold
Boot Attack [USENIX Security'08].

However, from the view of security, we have to know the vulnerability.
The practical evaluation should based on the balance of possibility
and impact. I agree the possibility is low and there is no practical
attack on current situation.

------
Kuniyasu Suzaki