Re: Passthrough of 2 PCI devices works 80% (Kernel 2.6.37, Debian Squeeze, Win7 VM)

> Hi Alex,
>
> i got some more output and i am getting closer: i installed mythbuntu as vm and
> tested with both cards and with one only card via passthrough. One card
> assembled works nice, two cards assembled gives me an error: there is no
> frontend0 found in '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0'. A look into both dmesg and a
> diff shows, that there is a change in the IRQ Number (10->11) and the eeprom of
> the device couldnt be read. I am not able to take a conclusion of that - maybe
> you can give me one more hint.
>
> I will try tomorrow to use both devices on 'bare metal' to make sure it is
> working in this configuration. More infos will come.
[....]

Hi Alex,

i tested on 'bare metal' and it worked - i was able to run a scan on both cards
and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0' are
available. But the time i rund MythBuntu or any other vm with both cards passed
through, something goes wrong.

I`ve got 3 PCI slots behind that PCIe2PCI bridge and i swapped the cards among
them - it has no effect.

So i assume it depends on the kvm / kernel...

Some other suggestions ?

Kind Regards,

DP