Re: who cames from xen?

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Dan VerWeire <dverweire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I switched from Xen to KVM a couple years ago for the following reasons IIRC:

We're in the process of switching from Xen to KVM, for similar
reasons, but also to get away from the hassle that is configuring Xen,
especially with the crap that is Grub2.  With KVM, it's easy to run
"Linux Version X" on the host, and "Linux Version X+Y" as guests.

Trying to get that setup to work with Xen, especially with Grub1 on
the host, and the VMs wanting Grub2 (aka using Debian Lenny for Dom0
and Debian Squeeze for DomU) was an extreme exercise in frustration.
Doing the same with KVM is a snap.

The whole Dom0/DomU split is a hassle as well.

Now that all CPUs (well, at least all of AMD's CPUs) support hardware
virt, I honestly do not see a reason to use Xen.  It's just not worth
the hassle for a theoretical couple % better performance.

> Thank you KVM developers.

Wholeheartedly agree!!!

--
Freddie Cash