Re: who cames from xen?

I switched from Xen to KVM a couple years ago for the following reasons IIRC:

-Xen was stuck on an older kernel that did not have the drivers I needed
-Ubuntu decided to switch their focus to KVM as their main
virtualization package
-KVM had more solid Windows network drivers
-I personally didn't like the Dom0/DomU concept I just want my VMs to
be processes on the host just like any other process
-KVM was in the kernel which gave me a good feeling about the
longevity and support of the project

I am a sys admin (among other things) for a wholesale distribution
company. We have 28 virtual machines on 3 different hosts. They are a
mixture of Windows and Linux. I am extremely happy with KVM and
Ubuntu's support of KVM. It is awesome to get new features like KSM
and Ceph block devices (which I haven't used yet but am very excited
about) as the kernel and KVM evolve.

I can say that, in my experience, our VMs run more solid on KVM than
they did on Xen and even more solid than on bare metal, especially in
the case of Windows.

Thank you KVM developers.

Dan VerWeire