Re: Graphics pass-through

Hi Alex,

On 26.01.2011 06:12, Alex Williamson wrote:

So while your initial results are promising, my guess is that you're
using card specific drivers and still need to consider some of the
harder problems with generic support for vga assignment.  I hacked on
this for a bit trying to see if I could get vga assignment working
with the vfio driver.  Setting up the legacy access and preventing
qemu from stealing it back should get you basic vga modes and might
even allow the option rom to run to initialize the card for pre-boot.
I was able to get this far on a similar ATI card.  I never hard much
luck with other cards though, and I was never able to get the vesa
extensions working.  Thanks,

Do you mind sharing these patches?

Thank you very much
 AndrÃ