Re: USB Passthrough 1.1 performance problem...

2010/12/12 Erik Brakkee <erik@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Does this mean I have a chance now that PCI passthrough of my WinTV PVR-500
> might work now?

Passthrough of a PVR-500 has been working for a long time. I've been
running with passthrough of a PVR-500 in my HTPC, since
November/December 2009...so it should work with any recent kernel and
any recent version of qemu-kvm you can find today - No patching
needed. The only issue I had with the PVR-500 card, was when *I*
didn't free up the shared interrupts...once I fixed that, it "just
worked".

On the other hand, I've never had success with passthrough of USB.
I've spend a bunch of time trying to get various USB cards to work
with passthrough, I even purchased 3 USB cards, just to test USB
passthrough with different brands, interfaces and versions (PCI, PCIe,
USB 2.0, USB 3.0, etc). I gave up on that 5 months ago -
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.kvm.devel/56719

> What version is this and where can I get this for opensuse?

I can't remember if I started out with the PVR-500 card with 0.11 or
0.12 ...I think it was 0.11...but anyway, you'll hopefully not run
with such an old version today, so any version should work.

Best regards
Kenni