[ kvm-Bugs-1808970 ] CDROM eject doesn't work via Qemu Monitor

Bugs item #1808970, was opened at 2007-10-07 16:42
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jessorensen
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=1808970&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When ejecting CD/DVD via Qemu monitor, then inserting another CD, the first CD is always shown, instead of the newly inserted one, unless I eject the CD from the guest.

This bug prevents setup of Windows XP Tablet Edition, because this OS requires 2 CDs to install, and since this is Windows there are no workarounds.

Guest: any Windows, especially Windows XP Tablet Edition.

Host: Fedora7, 64-bit, Intel CPU, KVM-45.

Other KVM versions and -no-kvm didn't help.

-Alexey Technologov. 7.oct.2007.

Date: 2010-12-02 11:30

Message:
Works fine here under Fedora 14:

A change like this was detected instantly:
(qemu) eject drive-ide0-1-0
(qemu) change drive-ide0-1-0 en_winxp_sp1a_tablet_pc_cd1.iso

Closing

Jes

Comment By: Wilco (paranoidt)