Re: limiting guest block i/o for qos

Hello,

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 3:33 AM, Nikola Ciprich <extmaillist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
> I t hink blkio-cgroup really can't help You here, but since NFS is
> network protocol,
> why not just consider some kind of network shaping?
> n.

I thought about this, but it's rather imprecise I imagine if I try to
limit the number of packets per second and hope that matches reads or
writes per second. Secondly, I have many guests running to the same
NFS server which makes limiting per kvm guest somewhat impossible when
the network tools I know if would limit per NFS server.

Thanks