limiting guest block i/o for qos

Hello,

Does anyone know of any work in progress or any tricks to limit a
guest's i/o requests to a specific throttled rate? I have guests that
mount their filesystems via virtio, which are images served on an NFS
server. Some of these guests will flood the server with requests and
can then choke out the i/o requests of neighboring guests. I'd rather
be able to specify that certain guests can only get so many read or
write iops. i/o bandwidth rates would be nice, but iops tend to be the
killer since an nfs server only has so many.

I've seen something recently on a block i/o throttling via cgroups,
but from what I've been able to grok... this support is being built
only with local devices in mind? I'm afraid that wouldn't work for my
NFS server setup and image files?

Is there something that can be done from with virtio? Or another trick?

Thanks,
Thomas