Re: KVM with hugepages generate huge load with two guests

> Just out of curiocity: did you try updating the BIOS on your
> motherboard?  The issus you're facing seems to be quite unique,
> and I've seen more than once how various different weird issues
> were fixed just by updating the BIOS.  Provided they actually
> did they own homework and fixed something and released the fixes
> too... ;)

Thank you for reply, I really appreciate that somebody found time to
answer. Unfortunately for this investigation I managed to upgrade BIOS
version few months ago. I just checked - there are no newer versions.

I do see, however, that many people advise to change to acpi_pm
ckocksource (and, thus, disable nohz option) in case similar problems
are experienced - I did not invent this workaround (got the idea here:
http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/5144-100-CPU-on-host-VM-hang-every-night?p=29143#post29143
). Looks like an ancient bug. I even upgraded my qemu-kvm to version
0.13 without any significant changes to this behavior.

It is really weird, however how one guest can work fine, but two start
messing with each other. Shouldn't there be some kind of isolation
between them? As they both start to behave exactly the same at exactly
the same time. And it does not happen once a month or a year, but
pretty frequently.

Thanks,
Dmitry