Re: Problems in starting windows using qemu-kvm from arch

Hi Michael,

Thank you for prompt response. I am having SATA HDD and in BIOS - SATA
is configured as RAID. With that configuration i had installed Windows
7.

How can i prepare it to boot from PIIXE IDE controller?

Strange thing is - I am getting Windows XP activation error when i
qemu-kvm XP, standalone XP works fine. For Windows 7, i can see
Windows 7 startup logo screen then blue screen appears.

Do you think qemu should work if not qemu-kvm? Also, is there
standalone kvm package/utility which i can try?

Thanks once again,
Satish.