Re: Problems in starting windows using qemu-kvm from arch

Satish Kagathara wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am facing problems in launching windows XP & 7 using qemu-kvm / qemu
[]
> qemu-kvm /dev/sda - I have grub menu.lst which gives me list and i am
> selecting windows to boot but windows does not start. I can see
> startup but then fails.

qemu-kvm emulates an IDE disk connected to PIIX IDE controller.  If
your windows is prepared to boot from this controller, it will most
likely work.  Or else you'll have to prepare it to boot from it.

The issue is exactly the same as if you moved your whole disk with
windows to a different computer with different hardware.  Which is
not in scope of this mailinglist really, it's windows-related
question.

/mjt