Re: 2.6.35-rc1 regression with pvclock and smp guests

09.10.2010 11:59, Michael Tokarev wrote:
[]
> As far as I can see, most of these can be dealt with
> by re-loading kvm modules.  Let me try these and some
> of the earlier patches...

So the two one-line backports, while applied to the
_host_ kvm modules, eliminated all the issues I had
so far with unstable clock and smp guests hanging
here or there.  The timestamps in dmesg are not
jumping into the past anymore, and all my guests,
even the most problematic ones, now boots fine
(I tried several times to trigger the problem, to
no avail).

Just to be sure and to eliminate further possible
confusion: that's host kernel 2.6.35.6-amd64,
with two patches (backports offered by Marcelo)
applied on top and kvm{,-amd}.ko reloaded.

I tried several guests, incl. 2.6.32-i686 with
the earlier debugging patches applied, and
2.6.35-i686 (these two guests were showing the
issue most often).

Looking at the larger patchset again, -- there
were quite a few other changes too, should some
of these be applied as well?  I mean, we eliminated
the most obvious problem, but it looks like there
are more problems in there....

Thank you for your work!

/mjt