NIC limit

Hi again everybody,

One of the admins at the ProxmoxVE project was gracious enough to
quickly release a package including the previously discussed change to
allow up to 32 NICs in qemu.

For future reference the .deb is here:
ftp://download.proxmox.com/debian/dists/lenny/pvetest/binary-amd64/pve-qemu-kvm_0.12.5-2_amd64.deb

Upon creating & running the VM with the newly patched qemu-kvm app
installed, I found a NIC limitation remained in place, presumably
imposed by some other aspect of the environment.

The machine would start when it had 33 PCI devices, as long as no more
than 28 of them were NICs.

This is still a vast improvement compared to the previous limit of 8
NICs, and is very good news for my project. I post here in hopes that
maybe someone will come across the link in a search and have a solution.

More likely however the new API will be in place and widely in use by
then, but whatever.

Either way, thanks for your help yesterday.